i tried to scroll past this but that one reblog just might save somebodies life
Disappointed in whoever scrolls past this
((I’m not surprised if I don’t get a reblog.not at all…))
why would you even want to scroll past this? this kind of thing saves people’s lives all the time.
|—||When Strangers Click, a 2011 documentary about online dating (via rawfuel)|
[I saw this and got real fucking upset. Like, no. I don’t give a fuck if you start to like something after the movie comes out. I like it when new people enter my fandoms. It’s how I make friends. It’s how a lot of people make friends. You liked the movie enough to read the book? Fuck yeah! Come to me! Let us talk and fangirl and be friends!
Who cares that she was reading the movie cover book? Who gives you the right to judge if she’s really a fan or not?
Reading the book first doesn’t make you better in anyway.
Spoiling the end of the book, while they’re fucking reading it, is a dick move. I don’t even care if they’ve never read the book; don’t fucking judge a fan and turn your nose up at them.
You read the book first? Good for you. You see someone reading the book after the movie came out? Go make fucking friends.
Don’t be a fucking dick and do shit like this.]
I just want everyone to see how unrealistic some expectations are.
Dude I don’t even shower everyday
amen to this
do you see my legs???
A brief description using some familiar characters about how no one is ever, ever “asking for it”.
SO GOODTHANK YOU
*REBLOGS SO HARD I THINK I BROKE SOMETHING*
I’ve reblogged this before and lost followers for it. So fuck you, I’m reblogging it again.
Commonly confused medieval weapons, a powerpoint by me.
Now stop screwing them up, seriously, or I will put a medieval weapon in your head.
Tumblr is endearing me to being lectured at in Comic Sans
THIS is a WAR SCYTHE, a scythe actually used in combat. Notice it is not a useless piece of shit and is an actual functional weapon.
The only reason why death is pictured with a FARMING scythe is because he harvests souls.
you say that like you couldnt actually kill someone with a farming scythe which im willin to bet a lot of money that ur wrong
Really seriously flabbergasted and concerned about this.
This is terrifying and very important.
Fuck. History’s fucking repeating itself.
One of the girls I coach asked me why history is important, this is why.
“That’s your otp”?
“They’re just friends”
“That’s your otp”?
“But they hate each other.”
“That’s your otp?”
“But they’re not gay.”
"That’s your otp?"
"But they are like 2 feet apart in height."
"That’s your otp?"
"But one of them is dead."
heard you were talking shit
Wow, really subtle foreshadowing there. The Queen taking out the Knight? I wonder when that move will show up again? Hmmm?
Just realized how much Richard Armitage’s Thorin reminds me of Gerard Butler as Attila The Hun and Beowulf. Both are gorgeous + bad ass Brits who look good in scruff and sporting ANY haircut.
FRERIN IS THAT YOU
Yes it is!
The Frerin Is Alive And Being Thorin’s Personal Pain In the Arse Headcanons
1. Of course, a list like this would not be complete without an answer to the question Who is the better looking brother? Dwalin has personally opined that both Durin brothers look like “tree-shagging Elf-spawn with barely a beard between them so the answer is moot” in which case, this will always devolve into a brawl because “our mother wouldn’t even dream of touching an Elf, you orc-spawned Fundinul!” Dis has declared that her brothers are both idiots. Balin has washed his hands of all of them.
2. In truth, Thorin simply rolls his eyes heavenwards and will openly ask Mahal Himself for heavenly strength. Frerin just offers a cocky grin and naturally asserts that he is the better looking brother, seeing as “Thorin here’s just naturally a grumpypuss all the time!”
3. If a Certain Hobbit, whose opinion is certainly Not Biased Nope Nope Nope, were to be asked, the answer is quite obvious. Yes, Frerin, Thorin is a Grumpypuss. He is also breathtakingly handsome when he forgets to be grumpy and actually smiles. In fact, said Smiles should really be re-classified as Weapons of Mass Destruction, as Hobbit Sensibilities and various forms of underwear turn tail and flee when said Smiles are aimed in their general direction.
4. The problem with having two Uncles who were, in their own right, the Original Terrors of Erebor, is that they are aware of any and all tricks and pranks that Fili and Kili might dream of and may have even been responsible for teaching the Young Terrors of Ered Luin a trick or two or three.
5. Nope, it was not Frerin who told little Gimli that a long time ago, Cousin Thorin had a wee crush on the Lady Galadriel, who had visited Erebor a time or two. And thus, little Gimli, who rather idolized his elder cousin and king, would follow in his footsteps and not actually outgrow the “Elf Phase” that most wee dwarf badgers went through.
6. Gloin swore that he’d have Frerin’s beard for this when little Gimli eventually charmed and made friends with that “poncy git Thranduil’s son!”
7. Frerin knew within a minute of meeting the fellow that he playfully referred to as “Thorin’s Hobbit” (even if said Hobbit huffed and originally protested he wasn’t Thorin’s anything and then relented when confronted with Thorin’s Patented Heartbroken Puppy Expression and would later claim Thorin as his Dwarf, please and thank you), that Bilbo Baggins was his brother’s One. Small, comely and sassy was exactly Thorin’s type after all. That didn’t stop Frerin from doing his brotherly duty and investigating whether or not Thorin’s feelings would be reciprocated. Frerin figured it all out immediately once he saw Bilbo’s reaction to Thorin’s Infamous Smiles of Mass Destruction.
8. Frerin’s favored weapons were the bow and twin axes. His chosen craft was actually engineering and he was responsible for ensuring that his family had a roof over their heads that wouldn’t collapse and a stronghold that would hold fast against attacks even by armies of Orcs. However, he spent a lot of time figuring out how to “Dragon-proof” their homes in Belegost because he’d be damned before he’d let another Dragon drive the Dwarves of the Sigin-tarâg away from their homes again. That meant he was quite, quite serious when he offered to make the improvements to Bag End.
9. Bilbo actually took Frerin up on that offer. And then set him loose upon Tookland and Buckland, who would appreciate his work even more.
10. It was said of Thrain’s sons that the eldest had magic in his voice and the youngest had the same in his fingers once a fiddle was placed in them. For a very long time, due to the various sorrows that their people and family had endured, Thorin could barely raise his voice in song. It was Frerin who coaxed the music back into his brother and the Song of the Misty Mountains, the same song that had captured the heart of one Bilbo Baggins, was one that they had both written both as a lament for what was lost and a hope for what may yet be reclaimed.
He tries. he tries all the time.
Little Frodo Baggins had quite made up his mind.
If his Hobbit-y Uncle Bilbo looked after Frodo and was quite happy in doing so, then Frodo needed to look after his Dwarrow Uncle Thorin. Frodo made sure his Uncle Thorin ate all his greens and silently pointed at the creamed broccoli even after Uncle Thorin announced that he’d end up turning into a Wood-Elf and Mahal help them, what sort of useless Dwarf he’d be if that happened?
Frodo solemnly told his Uncle Thorin that he would never turn into an Elf.
Of course, Uncle Bilbo muttered that it was far likelier that Uncle Thorin would turn into a proper dwobbit instead and yelped when Uncle Thorin caught him up and delivered the Terrible Death by Tickling as a result.
Uncle Thorin was not too fond of Elves. Even though he knew quite a few more Elvish stories than Uncle Bilbo did and even spoke an Elvish language that gave Uncle Bilbo quite a bit of trouble.
(Once upon a time, when Uncle Thorin was a wee badger, he actually liked Elves, so he studied all he could about them, because he hoped he could find a way so that Dwarves and Elves could be friends again. But that was until Mean Old King Thranduil showed his real colors. Uncle Thorin swore Frodo to secrecy on this. It was important to keep one’s promises, after all.)
Now while Uncle Thorin did an excellent job of chasing away the Monsters Under the Bed, was willing to be Frodo’s partner in his Quest to slay dragons (the dragon was the stuffed toy Smaug Uncle Bofur sent for Frodo’s birthday) and fight trolls (the Trolls were carved by Uncle Bifur and were quite splendid), made him sturdy wooden weapons and taught him how to shoot a bow, there were still some things that Frodo’s mighty and heroic Dwarrow Uncle could not do.
Frodo discovered that his Uncle Thorin got lost easily. Sometimes he got lost in the Shire and Uncle Bilbo would fret because he’d miss supper and Frodo was afraid that Uncle Thorin had fallen into the River and the River was a Bad Thing, because it took away Frodo’s Ma and Da and he was very sad for a long time because of that. Sometimes Uncle Thorin would get lost in his own mind and Uncle Bilbo would worry because “my dear Frodo, your Uncle Thorin has led a very hard life and there are hard memories to go with it and they make him sad, sometimes.”
Frodo resolved that he would make sure his Dwarrow Uncle didn’t get lost in the Shire and didn’t get lost in his own head, because he was, just like Cousins Fili and Kili, a very good and very proper nephew and what kind of nephew would he be if he didn’t take care of his Uncles?
And so it was that little Frodo Baggins made sure that Uncle Thorin would always find his way home.
Tumblr was on MTV?
I found tumblr the old fashioned way, my friends made me make one!
wait.. we were on TV?
what the fuck
I was googling fandom stuff and I found it by accident. I stalked nightmare-kisser until tumblr did the thing where you couldn’t come in to play unless you signed up, so I did. Best/worst damn decision ever.